Thursday 6 February 2014

Chapter 5A

Guys this is the link to my new index.. please do check it and follow the profile as it's a new mail id and any blog for new stories will be from this new profile only...




Chapter 5A
A Friend Like You, A Love Like Her


Naina: Are kya naam bataya uss personality ka... (Hey what was the name of the personality you told me...)

Aditi chuckled and said teasingly..

Aditi: Dekha jaisa historical bataya.. bahut impatient horahi tumm.. (See as I said historical.. you are becoming very impatient..)

Naina: Kya karee.. aadat se majboor! (What to do.. compelled by habits!)

Aditi: Uska naam hai... (His name is...)
SHYAM MANOHAR JHA!

*****

Some hours later... Midnight... 1 am.

The stars shining into the full moon night... The breeze blowing away the silky golden curtains... A bottle of wine almost emptied... and a new note playing on the grand piano. While the room was in complete darkness, the moon arose a glint of hope as its light bathed the several painting stands revealing the glow of Khushi’s face in those paintings.. And with this melodious music, came his voice.. those words.. which were only painful and shattering... the voice of Arnav Singh Raizada calling out for mercy to his lady.. to his sole life... Closing his eyes...


Alone in this house again tonight
I got the TV on, the sound turned down and a bottle of wine
There's pictures of you and I on the walls around me
The way that it was and could have been surrounds me
I'll never get over you walkin' away

Those flashes of her running through the dense forest haunted him like hell... She was laughing and out of a sudden she just disappeared...

I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes, tonight I wanna cry

A tear rolled down his cheeks as he opened his eyes..

Would it help if I turned a sad song on?
"All By Myself" would sure hit me hard now that you're gone
Or maybe unfold some old yellow lost love letters
It's gonna hurt bad before it gets better
But I'll never get over you by hidin' this way

He lifted his eyelids towards the paintings of Khushi

'Cause I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes, tonight I wanna cry

Swollen eyes... he actually let his tears fall like rain while his heart bled in pain...

Well I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with this pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes, tonight I wanna cry

He stopped the music... He clenched his fists.. From inside, he was not only broken.. but fed up.. No, not fed up of waiting for her.. but he wanted answers.. Answers from the almighty up there.. Why was this so hard? Why only he and his Khushi... They were both orphans who had only each other to live.. and god took this one reason to live as well.. Why? Why? Why?

ASR: WHY?

He suddenly shouted out as he smashed the empty bottle to the floor.. Out of his senses, he wiped off his tears and stood on his legs... He tried to walk towards the door of the room but he was so drunk that he found it hard to remain steady.. All of a sudden, he let a cry of pain when a piece of glass of the broken bottle pierced into his right foot.. And he almost fell but a hand reached him.. It was bunny’s hand, his best friend.. The latter’s eyes welled up as he stared at Arnav.. He knew something was just so wrong.. something happened which was hurting Arnav so much else he never drank that much.. From deep inside of his heart, Bunny prayed to god not to let anything happen to Khushi.. He feared when he looked at Arnav’s state.. Arnav was literally bleeding out all the pain of Khushi.. How can love be so deep? How can one feel the pain of the other? Though he never met her, he felt like knowing her as Khushi had always lived into Arnav.. into his every breaths.. At his thoughts, Bunny let a few tears escaped from his eyes which Arnav noticed.. In his drunk state, Arnav pushed him away as he said...

ASR: No...Let me, I’ll manage... Leave me..

But Bunny held on to him as Arnav tried to walk away from him...

Bunny: ASR you’ll fall.. I’ll help you..

Arnav pushed him away hardly and stepped forward as he said angrily...

ASR: I said I’m fine... I can go to my room on my own... I’m going to my Khushi... Let me go..

He began walking away under the teary gaze of Bunny.. But few steps away, Arnav stumbled again and Bunny held him in no second... He forcefully dragged Arnav with him and reached his room.. He helped a half conscious Arnav to lay into the bed and walked towards the bathroom searching for the first aid box.. By the time Bunny came back, Arnav was already asleep... And he sat near Arnav while he cleaned his bleeding wound...  Once the bleeding stopped, he dressed up the injury and covered Arnav with the blanket.. He switched off the light and walked out of the room closing the door behind him.. While Bunny walked towards the main door, he took out his mobile.. He reached out and sat into his car.. He dialed a number and waited... Till then his tears on his cheeks were already dried since long and after the third ring he was about to disconnect the call when suddenly.. he heard her voice..

Naina: Bunny! Itni raat.. (So late..) is everything alright?

For a moment, he just listened to her voice.. finding it hard to utter a word... He never felt the need to cry in front of anyone till now.. but.. he was scared.. scared of reality.. what went wrong... why so much pain...

Naina: Bunny... are you there? Please kuch bolo.. (Please say something..) you are worrying me.. tum tik ho na..(are you fine..)

And after some second of reflection, Naina said in worry...

Naina: Is Arnav alright??

She heard him take a deep breath before he managed to say...

Bunny: Nahin..(No..) He’s not alright... arr kabhi tik nahin hoga.. (And he will never be alright..)

Naina: Bunny.. you are crying...

And Bunny replied in tears...

Bunny: what else can I do Naina?  I cannot see him like this.. Silently he’s been dying every moment... Aur main, main kuch nahin karsakta.. (And I, I cannot do anything..) I couldn’t find her.. I’ve promised him that I’ll bring his happiness back.. that I’ll bring Khushi back, safe to him... But I failed my words.. I feel like being a looser.. I’m such a bloody looser..

Naina’s eyes welled up as she listened to his words...

Naina: Nahin Bunny.. nahin.. aise nahin kehte... kamse kam tune koshish ki, aaj nahin to kal Arnav ki khushi zaroor wapas aajaegi.. wo tarap, wo pyar jo meine arnav ki ankhon mein dekha.. un sab ke liye khushi wapas aana hi hoga...  (No Bunny.. No.. Don’t say this... Atleast you tried, not today but someday Arnav’s Khushi will surely come back.. the longing, the love I saw in Arnav’s eyes.. for all this Khushi will have to come back...) I believe in his love... and upon all, I believe in you.. the great guy you are.. the best friend you prove to be... the way you support Arnav... I feel so proud of you.. so proud... And I’m sure you’ll find her soon.. If Arnav doesn’t want my help.. it’s ok! But I can help you... I will help you... I promise.. This is no more just a story... even at the stake of my life.. We’ll find her.. I promise you.. please wipe off your tears Bunny... please.. don’t let your tears become your weakness.. Tujhe hi to Arnav ko sambhalna hai... Samjhe! (Only you have to take care of Arnav... You understand!)

Instantly Bunny wiped off his tears and a light smile curved onto his lips as he said...

Bunny: Naina!

Naina: Hmmm..

Bunny: Sirf ek writer aisi dialog mar sakte hain... (Only a writer can say such dialogs...)

Naina breathed a sign of relief when she heard Bunny back to his cheerful self... and she said faking anger...

Naina: Tarif kar rahi ho or are you making fun of me... (Are you praising me or making fun of me...)

Bunny: Dono... (Both)

Naina: Accha...kar milna mujhse.. I’ll show you kise panga leh rahi tu.. Anyways kafi late hai.. tum rest karlo.. hum kar baat karte hai.. (Oh... meet me tomorrow.. I’ll show you with whom you are messing up.. Anyways it’s quite late.. take some rest.. we’ll talk tomorrow..)

Bunny: Naina...

Naina: Hmm..

Bunny: Ek akri baat tujhse kehna ta.. (I had a last thing to say..)

Naina: Kya? (What?)

Bunny: Thank you...

Naina: Dosti mein, no thank you no sorry.. Ok? (In friendship, no thank you no sorry.. Ok?)

Bunny smiled..

Bunny: Ok.. Goodnight Naina!

Naina: Good Night!

Naina disconnected the call and placed her mobile back on the desk.. She shifted her eyes to her laptop and looked disappointedly at the google page.

Your search – Khushi Kumari Gupta – did not match any documents

She signed irritatingly and pushed on the backspace button of the keyboard... and then she typed again..

Disappearance of girl in Dehradun year 2007

She pushed on enter and a short list of results appeared on the screen..

Disappearance of a 16 year old orphan

Dead or alive.. no answer...

Girl from hope orphanage not yet found

The disappeared girl presumed to be dead

Mayor Aarav Singh Raizada expresses his regrets to the head of Hope orphanage

TO BE CONTINUED

Precap
Chapter 5B
A Friend Like You, A Love Like Her


Bunny: Only for today, let’s forget everything... let’s have some fun... What say?

ASR: I got a business to run... and by the way don’t you have a date with your reporter friend?

Bunny: Are yaar, aab maaf bhi kardo... and she’s not a reporter.. she’s a writer..

ASR: Whatever! I got to go...

Bunny: No way man... I said it.. today no work... only fun.. let’s have a day off... football.. movies.. and ofcourse in the evening.. our boys night out...

2 comments: